Click here if you are having website access problems ×

150 roadsport To 2 ltr duratec ?????

Derek Batty

I did an article for Low Flying the other month talking about myself and Peter Haslam getting upgrades to our Sigma 150's. I did have a look at changing the car and concluded that I might get more power but other problems which I've already sorted on my car and would cost more money on top of the cost to change.

I took some advice on a Duratec conversion and the advice was that it was too big a change i.e. too many other things needed to be attended to so not cost effective with the downside of extra weight.

In the end went for a Premier Power upgrade to 175 BHP with lightened flywheel, clutch and alternator. The result is very impressive and the cheapest of the options I looked at.

Hope that helps. If you want some more info on what was done, please send me a PM.

Derek whats the reason for the upgrade ?  Do you use all the ponies on the road ? I am i right thinking you live on the IOM, if yes I am guessing the chance to use full power presents its self more often .  

I've always concentrated on improving the handling and stopping power on mine and find that more satisfying than outright speed, dont get me wrong i'd love an R400 but not sure I'd be that much quicker on the road. 

Hi nick think just board.  Cannot really aford  or justify  spending  another 20-25 000 on top of mine as only do poss 3000 miles a year ,,1500 of which go round Scotland  once a year and poss  to Yorkshire once a year  then 5 or 600 miles on iom      So common sense says don’t do anything and spend money on house which needs a lot doing  as retired a few years  ago and instead of as per plan buy a small bungalow bought an old house which eats money 

it’s nice to dream though 

derek

Derek, As said a Duratec conversion is probably not cost effective. As you have a lot of the good bits being a 150 a cheaper option may be to get the head ported and get a remap as you have reasonable cams and throttle bodies already. It probably won't get you to a full 175 like a premier power thing but that would get a bit more go and with a light flywheel it would be nice.