Click here if you are having website access problems ×

dry sump tank

k.russell

plan to fit dry sump to 2L vx anybody any info on tank size, and where to fit it. I have looked at sbd 4"dia tank on there site but can never get anyone on the phone, does it hold enough oil for any thing other than sprints. was recomended 6.5" dia tank by pace, but it wont fit in front of passenger footwell and i would like to keep this if possible. what tanks have you vx guys got fitted, I have jpe exhaust manifold so cant fit like arnies. KEV.

There is quite a bit of stuff in the archive on this subject. I looked at having a custom tank made but in the end I lost the footwell and put the 6.5 pace tank in its place. My lad is the only one I usually have as a passenger but even my brother fits ok with the seat pushed right back.

Yes, I agree. The Caterham 6.5" tank is a very good design, easily dismantled for cleaning and CHEAP.

In my opinion, this is a far better solution from the technical point of view than the official bellhousing tank which is lot of hassle. The low price is simply a bonus.