Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pair Standard VX 16V Cams - Mint Condition

Rob Morris

As stated in the title I'm selling a matched pair d standard VX 16v cams. These have been run in my engine from new until last summer when I fitted a pair of Piper fast road cams. They are in mint codition due to my car having covered just 6,000 miles on them and havinig run it on synthetic oil and slick 50.

I'm looking for best offer over £40 for the pair, plus carriage cost if I need to post them.

History wise I have kept them to date as I wanted to see if I liked the fast road cams before releasing these. They could be modified by Piper, Kent or QED to a fast road spec or retained as a fall back set. I purchased a pair of new cams for modification for two reasons 1) In case I didn't like the new cams I could revert back to original perfect cams

2) I refused to modify my engine and use a pair of unknown vintage (hot hatch) 2nd hand cams in my perfect engine.

Obviously I'm now happy with the new profile so I'm selling the originals on. This would be an excellant opportunity for any std VX owner to do an identical thing and have either the originals or my cams modified to a new spec and have the safe felling that the engine could be returned to std if required.

P.S. A new set of std cams would cost around £300....! So this is a cheap option. It is almost impossible to see where the followers have been on the lobes. If I had the Vx boxes they could be sold as new items..!

The people that know me will appreciate that I'm honnest when I describe these as mint...!

*thumbup*