Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blyton Park Trackday (Friday 18th May) - only £145 - SPACES NOW AVAILABLE (AGAIN!)

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

UPDATED as of 10th May:

Just to say that we've now passed the 'next' threshold on participants vs costs so the event is once again fully-open (all of the previous provisionality has been removed) so, for anyone else who wants to join the fun at the end of next week, simply call Sam or Lucy in the Club office or - better still - use the online booking form.

James

UPDATED as of 4th May:

Our agreement with Blyton Park is based on stepped increases in circuit hire and support costs in-line with the number of Club members who will be participating on the trackday.

As of this morning (4th May) we have reached our first threshold for capacity - so 24 cars already confirmed.  Great news in itself - but this means that , as of now, we can accept further bookings only on a provisional basis, pending confirmation that we can reach our next threshold (around 30 cars and main drivers) to cover the additional costs of going into the next 'band' of circuit hire and associated costs.

The best thing is to keep the bookings coming in!  As I say, our next break-point is around 30 cars; maximum capacity for the day is 45 cars.

All to play for!

James

The Club's lowest-cost trackday of the year (only £145 for a full day, including instruction and our 'buddy system' of support) is being held at Blyton Park, Lincolnshire on Friday 18th May, and is now open for booking here.

Brilliant value and a great venue that is ideally located for members in the Midlands and further North; what's not to like??

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

Our agreement with Blyton Park is based on stepped increases in circuit hire and support costs in-line with the number of Club members who will be participating on the trackday.

As of this morning (4th May) we have reached our first threshold for capacity - so 24 cars already confirmed.  Great news in itself - but this means that , as of now, we can accept further bookings only on a provisional basis, pending confirmation that we can reach our next threshold (around 30 cars and main drivers) to cover the additional costs of going into the next 'band' of circuit hire and associated costs.

The best thing is to keep the bookings coming in!  As I say, our next break-point is around 30 cars and then there's another, final threshold around the 36 cars level.  Maximum capacity for the day is 40 cars.

All to play for!

James

I seem to recall a previous post asking about camping at the circuit, but can't find it now - is anyone camping? 

Any plans for a meal the night before? - I presume food won't be available at the circuit the night before if camping?

Thanks

Chris

• Leadership Team

Dave (Rothwell) and Simon (Maitland) are finalising the Final Instructions which will include details of the pre-event evening meal.

Overnight camping is fine; I'd suggest you contact Richard (Usher) at Blyton Park to confirm details  I recall that there is a toilet/shower block available as well.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Camping info from the circuit...

"You need to arrive before 6. Toilets and Showers. £10 per tent. Pub in Blyton."  which means i won't be camping there.  Think you need to drop them a line to confirm you'll be getting there. 

So it's nearby campsite or early start for me...