Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Frustrated

Paul Mason

I've been looking for a couple of fairly insignificant bits for my car and can't seem to find the right ones......I'm either dim or doing my googling incorrectly (for the sake of my pride, assume it's the latter). I need a couple of the grooved little grommets that sit on the upright bars on the top of the grille that locate and hold the grill into the nose cone (I returned from a drive on Sunday with the grill flopped back against the rad). Struggling to find any....plenty of grommets but not sure I've found the right ones?

Also, one of the dzuz fasteners under the front of the nosecone has dropped out (surround and location female still there so I just want to get a fastener to save drilling and re-pop riveting a whole new unit as not keen on drilling carbon and don't have a pop rivet gun). Any suggestions where I can find the abovementioned

Heuristics for that type of part:

1. 'Phone Redline (and soon, I hope, browse as an alternative).
  2. Email Caterham rather than only browsing. (Is Darren still the best point of contact?)
  3. Car Builder Solutions.
  4. Holden.
  5. BLATCHAT!

And on one of those specifics:

• It's "Dzus" (but you're closer than most, and most search engines will sort that out). The sizes (and there are at least two) and, IIRC, some sources are in the archives: let me know if you can't find them.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan! Am now absolutely kicking myself as my SWMBO was in Bromyard Monday & yesterday which is about 3 miles from Holden and I didn't think about them!! Now she's travelled the 250 miles home, I've missed that opportunity! Come to think of it, the old fashioned picking up the phone to describe what I'm after to a human being is probably way smarter than hours of web searching!

• Area Representative
The Dzus fittings may come assembled but Dzus used to supply them in parts. In the distant past I used to replace them in theatrical lanterns. The moveable locking peg is held in place with a malable washer which arrives as in a slightly conical shape. When flattened it holds the peg in the fitting.