Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Half roof on single seat roll bar?

ChrisGB

New member here.

I have a 7 with one seat and the roll over bar for driver’s side only, as on some of the vintage super sprints of last year. 

What is the easiest solution for getting a half hood or other rain protection on the car?

Do I need to go windscreen and full roll over bar? I assume so....

Thanks for any advice!

If you fitted a windscreen and hood sticks then the normal hood, providing the single hoop isn't extra high or something, should fit I expect.

Not sure how you could get a half hood to work as that relies on the roll bar. Maybe you could get modified hood sticks that lock to the top of your single hoop somehow and get a special one made, the usual companies don't seem to mind one offs, as said previously.

We managed for quite a few years without any sort of hood.  Even in UK it rains less than you think and usually it's possible/best to just keep going.  In really heavy rain we'd stop and use an umbrella but that happened only a couple of times.   Eventually we got a half hood but it was rarely used.  With a "new" car we are back to nothing......

Having priced up all the options - though still waiting to hear back from softbits - I really like the umbrella solution!!

The car i have is the Kamui Kobayashi 250R (I tried to upload a pic but can’t figure that out yet!), so I am slightly loathe to ditch the aeroscreen and triangular rollbar as they so suit the car...

Does anyone have to hand the dimensions from aeroscreen to boot and from ‘door’ to transmission tunnel, S3? I’ll do a search.

Thanks to all.