Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis repainting drive in drive out cost

James D

In the future I would like to have the chassis repainted but would prefer not to undertake the prep work myself. I understand there could be views of whether a full bare chassis repaint or rolling with engine in chassis repaint configuration.

Would anyone therefore know of an estimate to have drive in drive out chassis repainted including panels coming off and on please? Either rolling or bare chassis, just want something to compare against please.

Thank you

James

The underlying spaceframe chassis is powdercoated not painted (much harder wearing I understand). The car will need to be fully stripped so the chassis can be sandblasted and then re-powdercoated. 

No idea of cost, I did this many years ago but doing the stripping down etc myself with other club members. Total time was something like 36 'relaxed' hours of work over several weekends. I then took the chassis and all other parts that required re-powdercoating, eg de dion tube, suspension etc to Arch Motors who undertook this work and also re-panelled the car with all new panelling. That alone was something £2,250. I then, with club members, re-assembled the car after the tub had been repainted. The amount of work required can be seen here

If you want someone to do everything for you I'd imagine it wouldn't be cost effective...

Thank you for your comments.  I am after a bare chassis being powdercoated as well as a rolling chassis with panels removed too as a price comparison.  A brief rub down and touch up is probably more appropriate.

Kind regards,

James