Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tunnel cover

blueyedbiker

Morning all.  I'm down to the last knockings (hopefully) of this build epic, IVA applied for last week.

It's a bog standard 2000 de dion chassis and I have the uber sexy, full length leather tunnel cover to fit, it drops nicely into place (about the only thing that has thus far), so how does one secure it there as there doesn't appear to be any fixing points? 

The tunnel is open both ends (obviously) with top plates up to the front of the gear lever and behind the hand brake which leaves about 18" open, any experiences of water ingress on those rainy days?

Ta.

... so how does one secure it there as there doesn't appear to be any fixing points? 

Not sure this is appropriate for yours or up to date, but some tunnel covers sit there nicely and some are happier with a self-tapping screw each side in the rear bottom corner.

Edited: This doesn't seem to be mentioned in the 2000 de Dion K Assembly Guide.

Jonathan

Thanks for the responses. 

It had to be a special order from CCC as oddly enough, they don't stock 'covers for a type 9/X Flow combination any more.  I'll use a couple of self tappers as suggested in case the left elbow lets go over the hump on the Cadwell mountain.

I suppose another option would be velcro.

Happy Easter!