Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What's a petty strut ?

edmandsd

Hi yankeedoodoo,

Yep, the car arrived in Jan and after a lot of messing about with insurance (had to drive it using the coverage from my other normal car's insurance policy until this weekend) it's now all licenced, insured and raring to go !

I'm doing a ProAutosports event at Firebird raceway this weekend but sadly I won't be able to make the San Diego event as we have friends from the UK staying with us that weekend.

NASA run some events around Phoenix and I'm looking into the Autocross events they run - not 100% sure what's involved yet but, looking at the regs, I reckon the car will be bumped up into the same class as Vipers and Esprit V8s !!

The last trackday I did was quite amusing - one or two of the Corvette owners came over and said they were surprised how quick it was - they'd get past be down the long straight (sheer grunt and better aerodynamics) but I'd be snapping at their heels through the twistier back field section *thumbup* 😬

Anyway, would be fun to meet up at some stage - maybe a bit later on in the year (some time after May I reckon because that's when the last of our visitors have been and gone !!). In fact, I'll probably want to escape the Arizona summer then anyway !!

Cheers

Nick