Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1990 Chassis - Underslung rear arb droplinks - Source of?

Tazio

I am refreshing all of the suspension components on a 1990 BDR.

The car has an underslung rear arb, effectively the arb runs underneath the rear chassis rail, under the fuel tack, and the legs of the arb face forwards, the drop links slide onto these front legs.

As part of the refurb I would like to replace them, however after chatting with both Chris Mintoff at Redline, and Bruce at Arch, neither of them knows where these were made or can be sourced from.

Does anyone on here know where they came from, or who made them?, if not I'll have to get them fabricated locally.

Cheers, Alan

I have some used ones ( if I understand your description) . I was told that it was the "race" bar. I am surprised that Bruce doesn't recognise them as they look like he sort of thing he made. Perhaps a photo might jog his memory?

Roger, mmm, it's what i would have thought as the drop links effectively hang off some small studs on the radius arms, I had presumed Arch made them,, you are right though, I'll take some pics and send them and see if he recognises them.

Ah for some reason I thought you meant the arb mounting clamps not the drop links. I have seen these before and I may have a pair somewhere. I replaced mine with an alloy version and the links simply being two rose joints and link piece.