Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Before you buy a tall FIA bar...

Anthony

Just as I have had new floors put in, Arch have advised a new product is in preparation.

A low floor for the driver's side, which drops the seat 40 MM.

Std floor is c. 60 GBP, so assuming this is c.80-90 this might be a cost effective alternative.

You're welcome. *wink*

My normal height floor with stiff springs has ground down fasteners for the seat fixings before I fitted bench seats. I also have other damage to the floor. Dropping the floor 40 mm may be too much. Depends what wheels you have I suppose. Got to be worth a try to see what happens.

AMMO

I probably weigh double what Ammo does so perhaps my case isn't valid. On my car though the forward mounting for the diagonal does regularly hit the deck and I reckon that it is about 20mm lower than the floor, perhaps its going to be a 'track only' option or perhaps you jack the suspension up a bit to compensate

Just got in my Seven and it has the 'new' 40mm floor lowering kit. Car that much lower WILL cause the bottom (mine ?) to scrape around on the road.

Trouble is the whole damn car is 40mm lower. Guess that 'Must-lose-weight-after-Christmas' diet isn't working. 🙆🏻

" 'ere Dad. I think I got it wrong again"

Hmm can they really be talking about lowering the floor 40mm? or is it just an alternative way of mounting the seats to lower them?

My car isn't exactly low but on a lot of the cross europe tours I've done the bottom of the car does tend the thump every nown and then on the bigger bumps (or when you don't notice the hump back bridge!!)

I fitted new tillet seat mounting channels before the Targa Liege last year and they looked pretty mangled already, ok we did take a few "alternative" routes which were not exactly smooth but even so, 40mm lower and I don't think we would have got very far!!

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

i can understand 10mm or perhaps 20mm, but 40mm is about 2 inches lower. that's too far to be able to negotiate all the local council road enhancements, and a number of cr*p roads in the country.

ditto rob's comments about a few bumps on T/L. if we were 40mm lower we'd have high centered in a number of places... *mad*

Steve

210Bhp SV-VHPD *thumbup* click here to see our pictures....

Hmm interesting. I would settle for 20mm!

I have a tillet seat and it is the bum dish in it that could be lower.

I use a direct to floor mounting and you can just get a fag paper between the bottom of the tillet and the floor.

Making a dent in the floor would allow for the thing to go 1/2" lower perhaps.

This would then be lower than the rest of the floor pan.

I am quite light, and don't run the car terribly low. I have two 35mm deep brake cooling

scoops on the rear floor rail sticking downwards on both sides. These have never grounded.

Mostly smooth track with them on but bumpy B roads to the meet etc too.

So jugding by that I reckon I could get away with 40mm lower especially now that I have stiffer rear springs than the progressive ones.

My racing pics, 7 DIY, race prep. Updated often here

Photo's of the year here

Hants (North) and Berkshire Area club site here

Gentlemen,

Anthony is actually reporting to you with secnd hand info, from me.

I was at Arch yesterday having a nose around and asking if they had anything interesting on the go. After looking around an SV with a full cage I noticed the new floor.

I can confirm that it is indeed 40mm lower (which is actually a fraction over 1.5") and can be fitted retrospectively.

I can not tell you how much lower it will make the seat, but Bruce assures me the floor will still be higher than the sump. Of course the sump is not midway between the front and rear axle and so I can see that certain speed bumps could cause issues, but as I understand it, the purpose of this conversion is for the R400 racers, to prevent the need for differing cage heights and keep the C of G even lower.

At 6'4" it is definitely on my wish list.

Nick

I would imagine that they have made a bread tin - an au box where the sides of the box are bolted to the chassis. I guess this means that they can get the modern seats low enough so that you can sit where our dear lord Chapman intended.