Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Uprated Hubs - Fitting Instructions

Tazio

Useful tip ... put the new hubs in a warm oven to warm through. Put the bearing cups in a freezer for a couple of hours. Makes it a lot easier to fit the cups into the hubs and seat them fully home. Easier still if you have access to someone with a hydraulic press and the right drift to press the cup in.

Thanks Roger, and SM25T, I am going to use the oven/freezer trick, the only issue with the fitting is the spacer washer, I assume this goes on the inside of the hub and spaces it off the vertical link?

Alan

Don't forget to work plenty of grease into the new bearing races with your fingers. No need to fill the void in the hub. I haven't had to adjust the bearings since I fitted these new hubs with big bearings in the outer position. Was forever doing it on the original design.

• Area Representative

The THIN WASHER is located on the axle up against the upright. The THICK or THRUST WASHER IS LOCATED UNDER THE CASTELLATED NUT.

And for those who are not aware the bearings should be regreased every FOUR YEARS. That way one will remember in what order everything is.