Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rockingham - Novices trackday (Monday 23rd April) - CLOSING FOR NEW BOOKINGS THIS WEEKEND....

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

Paul - I only know the things I know and I don't know anything about Yokos and very little about CR500s.

But look - this is a novices day and I'd urge you not to worry too much about these niceties.  Tempted to say that you should avoid cross-plies and retreads and then you'll be just fine; hopefully you get where I'm coming from!

James

Hi, took the plunge, fitted a track day roll bar, new tyres and booked up for Rockingham.  Investigating insurance now!  Any recommendations for local hotel with decent parking?  ( have ticked the box for the social the night before )

Thanks,

m

Check out Hampton by Hilton or Best Western Rockingham Forest. Both hotels have free parking and are close to each other. They are on a direct route and almost midway between Sondes Arms (2 miles) and circuit (3 miles). Alternatively Premier Inn Corby is very accessible to both Sondes and Circuit. Plenty of filling stations close by as well as at Circuit.

• Leadership Team

If anyone wants to book on the novices day, there are a few places left but for various reasons I will be closing down on taking new bookings this weekend (Saturday 14th / Sunday 15th April) - so please spread the word and be quick!

James

• Leadership Team

We'll all be watching out for you, Paul!

As well as the online booking form, there's another flyer/paper booking form in Lowflying that is 'in the post' as I speak - but time is running out...

James

Err..... briefings.... theories.......I just thought we rocked up and spanked our cars until we couldn't smile any wider and then went home when we ran out of go juice and tyres? I might have to bring a ringer with me to stand in and blag me through the theory test bit.....that sounds way too mentally tortuous for me

Hi guys,

I am just wondering how likely it is that my 1600 Xflow Caterham would be over the noise limit and if there is a way for me to test (perhaps using a phone app?) whether I am going to be over the limit?

The car is bog standard but has a Techcraft Mega Flow exhaust which is loud but is it too loud? I have ordered some Acousta-fil Boa - is it just the case of taking the end of the can off and stuffing it inside with the Boa material?

I might just be worrying unnecessarily but don't ask, don't know...

• Leadership Team

Final Instructions should be going out tomorrow (might be the afternoon before I get the time to finish them) but you'll see on them that we have secured a "noisy day" so the noise limits are 105db static and 95db drive-by.  Obviously I can't give any guarantees but your car would have to be seriously loud to be in difficulties...

James

• Leadership Team

Final Instructions went out to everyone on 16th April...  Suggest you check your spam/junk folder but if no joy there, please pm me your email address (or email it to me at james.batchelor@lotus7.club) and I'll send you a copy directly.

James

Massive thanks and huge well done to James and all the support team and instructors etc. for a thoroughly brilliant day at Rockingham today. Brilliant format, excellent instruction, loads of time on track. Massively exceeded my expectations and a truly memorable day. The time, planning, prep and effort it must take to pull that off must be immense. You have put on a brilliantly excellent day. My wholehearted thanks and appreciation to everyone who made that possible. I genuinely couldn't have wished for a better day (with the exception of a 200 mile slog up the A1 and it raining some of the way....but as good as you guys are, I don't think you could have changed that!)