Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I don’t believe it

Alan Reeves

thought I would replace a perished rubber seal on my temp gauge ....

the short version is that the body of the gauge was fractured just below the bezzle and three quarters around the circumference !

tiny little unit with no load bearing and its fractured , now I would not have expected that

new one required that’s for sure

• Area Representative

I had a similar problem. Stuck it back together with superglue and clamped it for a few hours. Still holding several months later. 

Stuck it back together with superglue and clamped it for a few hours.

That's what I'd try, except that I'd use Araldite Rapid if the fragments didn't fit together well.

If that doesn't work or you can't find a matching replacement etc then I'd talk to one of the repairers. They can probably rebuild it using the original face and needle.

Jonathan

I trawled through the the repairers jk and ended up looking at a Mini site in Horsham sx...called on the of chance of them having a temp gauge and ended up having a long chat  as they ship lots of 7 stuff to Japan... no unit for me howevere...funny how the day goes eh

It was a deliberate Meldrew

cams, springs, remap but...it would not work correctly with the correct new injectors....so awaiting a little help and then a full remap as I really think the new remap potentially needs a tweek. Morning starts are not good. Hunting a lot on tick over....aah

However ive done few miles and it seems to go well enough but...wasn’t dry enough to go to quickly

still want you to re wire my speedo wires, 

you going to MM

A