Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What Color coolant??

Lali

My local Rover dealer tells me that Rover 4 year coolant comes in Yello pink and blue...

....Im guessing I want the blue cos thats what colour teh coolant was in my VVC before it decided to exit the engine!

but whats the diffence???

oh yeah and howq much do I need? is it a 50 /50 mix?

Lali

VVC-ya!, wouldnt wanna be ya!!

Check out the thread recently posted on Ethylene Glycol. I started it in ignorance and it is full of information.

Anyway, Comma Xstream red is recomended by Caterham and is red of course but it does contain ethylene glycol. The additives are what makes the diffrence.

Incidentally I have since discovered that Halfords Advanced Protection 5 year Atifreeze and Summer Coolant is Comma Xstream Red in disguise. I know this because I bought the Comma product thinking I had used incorrect coolant only to discover that they are identical, after I had drained the system and opened the top of the Xstream bottle........ I can now drain and refill my coolant like a real pro as practice makes perfect.

Bruce

To drain every drop undo the drain plug from the radiator and also remove the top bleed plug and the expansion tank lid. Lastly, if you have a heater then remove the top hose and give that a good shake too-it holds quite a bit if not done. This is useful too for when you fill it-backfilling the hose gets rid of a potential airlock.

Bruce