Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon fibre half doors

B1THN

I bought some additional fixings from Soft Bits for Sevens. I wanted extra long shafts on the studs as the material plus bar stitched inside is very thick. Also you want to ensure that the front studs are push the dot one way ones, which will stop them flying off. I used a few layers of masking tape over the existing fixings on the car to “press” markings on the new half doors. I then marked the centre points and drilled pilot holes, then made them larger to fit the shafts of the fixings. 

I also replaced the front fixings on the car by drilling them out to get push the dot bases in place too. 

I found it fairly easy to line the doors up because I asked for half doors (carbon effect also) from Thundersport to come with arm rests. So I got them sorted and lined up first before any of the above. 

• Leadership Team

If you're referring to full CF half doors (e.g. from Mog), they insert inside the scuttle at the front and can easily be retained at the front with some Velcro tabs, then at the rear use poppers as per the vinyl doors. I've not fitted them but another local owner has.

Stu.

• Area Representative

So... Who has got the definite half doors installation guide from scratch???? And as B1THN, with pictures would be better.

Sorry for the hijack.

I'm pondering in making some or buy half doors, in fabric not hardshelled.

I don't have a tonneau so need to put some poppers on the car. The problem is, I found that at least one, if not all poppers, according to the locations on the Caterham K-Series build manual, will have to be secured on chassis tubing. Is this correct?

K-series build manual Section 14, Page 6.

My car is a K-series SV, if it makes any difference.

Thank you in advance!