Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powder Coating

Tyrone

I have access to a powder coating company (perk of the job 😬). They have done a brilliant job on my front suspension bits, wing stays and roll bars. All of this has been done as a favour for putting other work their way. Upshot is the comapny is keen to do more. They've asked me to put the word out, see what the response is like and get a feel for what you would expect to pay for such a service. They can also hot dip galvanise and chromium plate. Powder coating is available in all standard RAL colours. I think we may be restricted local area from a cost point of view but who knows.

Cheers

Brian

Hei, I may be interseted in having a roll bar re. powder coated. Would they old powder coating have to be removed first i.e. sandblasted or would this firm do this work as a complete package.What sort of turn around for coating a roll bar ? as I could deliver and collect next time in the U.K.

Hilbron,

They powder coated over the top of my existing finish on my roll bar, from black to yellow with no apparent affect on the finished colour. The existing finish on the bar was good. On other bits of kit which was not as good they sandblasted first, the finished result is excellent. As far as turn around goes, we have set up any timescales previously, but I should say we could probably do it in 3 days provided the colour you want is not too exotic. Incidentally they have just redone my standard roll bar in black. If you have a standard bar and want it black we could simply swap them over.

Alternatively, tell us what colour you want, which roll bar it is and I can work out a price for you.

Cheers

Brian