Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Li Ion batteries

Mucus72

Another thumbs up for the JWM PS-12, I replaced my Banner with this. It comes with the battery cage and charger as mentioned by David. I did purchase a C-TEK lithium charger so I could continue to use my previously installed C-TEK Charger socket, although I’ve had no need to yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilT said:

Another thumbs up for the JWM PS-12, I replaced my Banner with this. It comes with the battery cage and charger as mentioned by David. I did purchase a C-TEK lithium charger so I could continue to use my previously installed C-TEK Charger socket, although I’ve had no need to yet. 

I also have one of these batteries and simply adapted the flylead off the supplied charger with a C-TEK cable in order to fit into the socket in the 7.

• Like 1

I have had a JWM battery for a few years now, I had to buy a special CTEK charger for lithium batteries, which has a button to override the battery Low Voltage Protection (LVP) mode, which fools a lot of chargers into diagnosing the battery as dead and not chargeable.  I have found that the CTEK will still not override the LVP mode unless the battery is completely disconnected.  The battery lasts 2 weeks with immobiliser drain whereas the banner lasted 4 weeks.  If the JWM battery is just disconnected over winter it doesn't require a battery trickle / conditioner, it holds its charge.

I didn't realise that the charger supplied by JWM could override the LVP mode, I will have to look it out and include it with my tool kit.