Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald OBD2 pinout

aliwes

Hello all,

I have just made an adapter cable to fit a K6 ECU to an EU3 K Series engine. I have seen that it is possible to have ECU data sent to an iPhone/iPad via a Wifi dongle connected to an OBD2 plug.

Now, I know that Emerald make a lead, but I'd like to make my own but I would need to know the pin connections... That is where you come in (hopefully).

Ta

Since you haven't had a reply all day... I don't know enough about the different types of ECU to help. But searching the archives (!) came up with this thread and there are several other threads linked from there that might help. Or at least help you find the experts who can.

Good luck

Jonathan

PS: You posted twice. I suggest you delete the other thread or change the Subject so that all the responses come to this one.

Information given to me by Mankee Cheng to post on here for you:

Your Emerald will need a reflash to support OBDII data output. This can be done by Emerald themselves or they can email you an update that is specific to your unit's serial number. For the sake of £30, you may as well buy the breakout loom from them:

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/full-looms-and-other-cables/emerald-ecu-to-obd-and-serial-breakout-loom-adapter.html

Data available via OBD:

0904: Calibration version (firmware version in ascii hex)
0105: Water temperature
010b: Manifold pressure (MAP)
010c: RPM
010d: Road speed
010e: Ignition advance
010f: Air temperature
0111: Throttle position
0124: Lambda AFR & input voltage
0133: Barometric pressure (BARO)
0142: Module voltage (battery voltage)
0144: Target Lambda AFR
015c: Oil (Aux) temp

In addition, there are several custom PIDs:

0190: Map switch position
0191: Gear position
0192: Coil-on-time
0193: EGT
0194: Primary injector pulse width
0195: Secondary injector pulse width

Cheers guys. Sorted now ta. Karl at Emerald emailed my the firmware update for my K6 to even let OBD2. 

Made the cable up for £2.99 for the OBD2 socket and some 16/0.2 cable I had - saved £21 ;-)

downloaded Dash Commend iphone app and getting it in the car tomorrow - hopefully 

no no idea why this post appeared twice

The correct wiring is as follows if anyone wants to do it later...

The pins connecting to the Emerald ECU serial plug are:

1 - CAN High to Pin 6 OBD2
2 - CAN Low to Pin 14 OBD2
5 - Signal Ground to Pin 5 OBD2

Then connecting +12v from fuse board to Pin 16 OBD2 and Battery negative to Pin 4 of OBD2 socket.

• 4 months later...

Just dug out my Emerald OBD breakout cable, what's the best bluetooth/wifi dongle thing? The one mentioned doesn't seem to be available any more. Sadly.

I've ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017KIWRDC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pumpkin Mini ELM327 OBD2 OBDII V1.5 Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface Scanner for PC/PAD/Mobile

The comments seem to confirm it works with iPhone too.

Need to check if Emerald flash update is needed.

Anthony