Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Slightly different tyre question

caterhamnut

Need new tyres urgently - slicks not legal etc! GPolley thought they were getting in the size I wanted - 185-60-14 in Yoko 48's but they have not. They do however have 195-60-14, which will fit my 'standard' minilite style rims. Any advantage/disadvantage in doing this, or do I just stay with 32's which he does have, and which I have been very pleased with in the past? (48's better in wet than 32's apparently, hence the trial)

opinions on this 'tyred' subject appreciated

😬33,000 miles in 15 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

Caterham pics

here

Ah ok well a quick calculation suggests it's going to be approximately a 1-2% change in circumference it shouldn't make that much of a difference, I guess it may smooth the ride out slightly and possible remove a small amount of steering feel but I would guess the change in tyre type and construction is going to have a much greater difference than the change in profile/circumference.

It's also possible that the circumference may not change as much as the numbers suggest, if you compare 032r's and 021r's of the same size they don't have the same circumference so it's highly possible the 048r's are different again.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com