Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Std seat belts using grp bucket seat question .

Ngh30

For now I will be using my standard seat belts with my Grp bucket seats . However I will need to extend  the socket as the seat hides  it !  I've seen two types on eBay . 1 being connected to a belt that's about 300 mm long and the other is about the same length but is a rigid type extension ?  Anyone know which is best ? Thanks 

• Leadership Team

That's because you probably won't. It must be assumed that you're fitting the grp seats because of the type of use you're putting the car to ... therefore harnesses are also likely very much more appropriate.

Agree with all replies above, Tillett seats are full harness only, an intertia reel belt will be held away from you and not function properly when tensioned also modifications or extensions to the mountings should not be carried out. It’s probably just as time consuming to re-fit or fiddle about making 3-point belts work as fitting harnesses... put an ad in the ‘Wanted’ section I’m sure someone will have what you are after.

My first 7 had standard belts and they lasted a week, how can you drive a 7 (properly) without harnesses ? It just doesn’t feel right .  Treat yourself but make sure you wear them properly and have them nice and tight. If you have Tillets or similar go crutch strap too.

*arrowup* To prevent your passenger jumping out of the car and saying "Sorry" milliseconds after the passenger buckle has dented your sideskin!

Older harnesses tended to have the buckle on the right hand lap strap but now when you order new harnesses you can generally specify that the buckle is on the tunnel side for driver and passenger.