Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help please - Dry sump pump removal

finmac

trying to get my DS gold pump out of the car for overhaul.

I have removed the oil pipes and the belt but struggling to access the top Allen bolt near the pulley as you can't access it properly. To try and gain access to the bolt I have removed the bolt in the centre of the pulley but I can't get the pulley off - should it just knock off?

Any help would be most appreciated!

I presume K series ....

I have no direct knowledge of this pump but the dry sump pump on my VX is probably by the same manufacturer and will use the same fixing method. On my pump the pulley just pulls off forward (there's probably a keyway on the plain diameter shaft IIRC). If yours won't move try a hub puller on it (gently .....)

So, I managed to get the pulley removed and three of the four Allen bolts out. The fourth one however is proving impossible without removing the main hose that heads for bottom of radiator. Wondering if I'd be better of removing the whole assembly including the tensioner instead? Any advice? 

It's a real pain for sure Stu gashed my finger in the process yesterday and had a trip to Aand E!

The bolts have been locktited in and I now need to remove the rad hose and part coolant drain down to get some decent leverage. Pain in the neck