Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Club Trackday Programme - 2018

Shortshift

• Leadership Team

I know that people are beginning to wonder, so just to say I'm not far away from being able to announce the provisional programme for next year. 

More of the familiar (a dedicated Novice's Day; most of our traditional favourites; our Club congeniality) but also - fingers crossed - a new venue or so and maybe the odd surprise...

You'll read it here first!

James

• Leadership Team

Well...

As many of you know, Dave and I have an as-yet unfulfilled ambition in that direction.  I can say that we won't have a European venue listed in the provisional programme for 2018 that I hope to release soon, but when it is published you will note the absence of a Club trackday in September...

Hypothetically speaking, how much interest would there be in a European jaunt?  Would have to be somewhere worthwhile, of course, and a straw-poll conducted in the paddock at Anglesey resulted in one particlar venue being mentioned above all others.

If we were to look at this, unlike our other events it would need a non-refundable financial commitment from participants upfront.

Who'd be up for it??

James

James 

I would .

But don’t forget the weather at places like Spa can get inclement out of the core summer months .

If there’s not enough interest to fill a whole track perhaps there could be an core event coordinated around a third party operators day  .A group of say 20 cars staying at the same accommodation ( with a side trip to the Nurburgring ?) would likely get support .

James

I'd absolutely love to do a Club trackday in Europe!   The easiest to reach 'day trip' venues, that is to say the ones within a couple hours of Calais (Croix, Abbeville, and Folembray), are all fine but not particularly exciting, and if you're making the effort to cross the water you want it it to be really special....  so I too would (of course) vote for Spa...

I did an open pitlane track day there with Lotus-on-Track in the summer - my second visit, and by some margin the best day on track I've ever had, helped along by glorious sunny weather (unlike my previous visit, when it rained all day..).

The downside (apart from the risk of poor weather, as Mark says) is that you won't get much change from £1000 by the time you've factored in Channel crossings, fuel and accommodation, so Mark's estimate of realistically getting together a group of about 20 seems about right to me, and that's obviously too few for an exclusive Club day.

The suggestion of partnering up with another operator is a good one - NOT for a session, please God;  Spa is made for OPL! - but simply reserving an agreed number of places within their day? As you may know, I'm a great fan of Lotus-on-Track  (http://www.lotus-on-track.com/lotshop/):  they're super-safe, friendly, and very keenly priced, and they usually do three or four Spa days a year.  None in their 2018 calendar yet, so all to play for....

Possible?

Stephen

• Leadership Team

Theoretically and hypothetically speaking, and assuming it could be Spa in September on a basis that allows us to preserve the Club trackday atmosphere, then we've got (no commitment, just a provisional show of hands):

Mark W (Mark w)

Stephen D (L7 FST)

James B (james b)

???

??

?