Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ap clutch for Duratec

Molecular--Bob

Hi all

I have an AP clutch with the red dot, am I right in assuming that this is the uprated R500 duratec spec item? In addition I have a choice of 2 plates and not sure which is best suited to road use, I have a cp5352-14 and a cp5352-12. I "think" the 5352-12 is the part used in the R500? but am struggling to find anything about the 5352-14. I will only be running a stock engine on throttle bodies so I guess around 200hp / 160ftlb.

Is what I have over spec for road use? I suspect it might be a little heavy, but so long as it isn't on/off in its character I should be ok with it.

I find the AP numbering system difficult to comprehend.  For info, my 2008 R400D kit came with a CP5352-12 driven plate, and a CP5905-01 cover plate.  Following my calamitous clutch failure (referenced by JK above),  AP advised me that:

CP5352-12 is a road spec driven plate
CP5905-1 is the lower torque rated  8.5” pressure plate that Caterham specify from APR.

As part of their excellent service, they upgraded (or replaced) my driven plate (9000 rpm limit).  The number on the new plate is CP5352-5.

-5, -12, and -14 are all designed for 1" 23-teeth splines, and AFAIK are all rated at 250 lbft. But I've no idea what the -14 version actually is, or how it differs from the other two.

What CP numbers are on your red-dot plate and cover plate?

JV

• 5 months later...