Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Coolant seepage

caterhamnut

Other day noticed what looked like coolant, just enough to 'wet' the engine block, under the head gasket line on the exhaust side of the car. Looks like a possible head gasket problem? Car running very well at the moment, no obvious signs of contamination in the coolant.

Have not noticed it since, though of course the heat of the engine no doubt evaporated the evidence pretty quickly (so why was it there the other day??)

Any ideas, predictions or solutions greatly appreciated. Tessa has the Silverstone track day on Saturday - it HAS to last until then!!! PC has given me his opinion (cheers Peter *smile*) but just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms?

😬33,000 miles in 15 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

Caterham pics

here

Rob,

Very kind on both counts!! Head will need skim etc, so time an issue for that option. Tessa also in morning session, but if there were problems, then your offer is most kind. Not seen any leakage again, so fingers crossed everything is ok for just another 4-5 days!

angus

😬33,000 miles in 15 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

Caterham pics

here

Angus

mine's doing this or it was, lasted two trackdays with no problems, as yours, no contamination of Oil/Water just slight water loss and water stains on block. Mine's back with Minister to evaluate why it failed after such a short time, I'll let you know if they tell me what they've done to cure it

Mark

Take a close look at the point where the water rail bolts to the head just above no.4 primary. I had a slight weeping from this which caused some fluid to trickle along the head gasket line. Howeaver changed the water rail gasket and it completely cured it, just a thought.......

Phil *thumbup*