Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Need help with me Knob!

quotVernquot

Just bought myself on of those shiney overpriced Ali 6 speed knobs from our friends in dartford

Problem is i need to remove the adapter on the stick that holds the 'orrible cavilier thingy on before i can screw me new knob on (sorry about the inuendo)

If I swing on this am i likely to do any damage to the box, or am i better to remove the stick and then remove the adapter in a vice.

Anybody else got a new Knob then had probelms screwing.............it on.

Advice please

TA

I suggest two options ....

1) Remove seat, remove tunnel cover, drill out gearbox cover remove gearbox, remove gear stick, place in vice ....

2) Post on For Sale, never used

Just remember to drive quickly on the track you do not need a polished knob!!!

the not so light Superlight

Belmont Prisoner,

A shot in the dark....but I'll bet you live somewhere between the Dog and the Bull....as you will know the Bull is crap, but the Holts inthe Dog is among the best and cheapest.

Don't get too enthusiastic over the back road to Rivington and Chorley..it's too narrow to give it sox in a 7, but great on a bike

Paul

Hi Paul,

You might be right.

Can't agree about the Bull though. Excellant selection of cask ales *tongue*

Can't believe that anyone with the taste to own a seven could even think that the beer served elsewhere from that brewary is even fit for consumption *confused*

Anyway, none us will be doing any speed at all round here soon as they are installing GATSO's all around us and a 50mph limit.

Might see you parked outside the Dog then sometime 🤔

Oh and Mr TOY.......I might not need a knob but a new set of wheels at a very cheap price might help...........or are you afraid of the competition 🤔

Belmont,

Please refer to my posting "KNOB *tongue*", which my final post was 24th Feb:

"...it took a good few turns b4 it came free (choosing my words carefully here), and I then had to remove a small adaptor which was a bugger and required vise-grips for removal.

Once that was off, the thread on the actual gearstick mates with the female thread on the adaptor and the thread inside the new knob.

So it was just a case of turning it hand tight (lining up the shift pattern of course) and firming up with the grubscrew."

Hope this helps, or check out the previous thread. *thumbup*

BTW, it feels so much better than the original fake leather job.

Ross very black 6spd SuperSport *wink*