Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump pan

TomB

I'm keeping a look out for a spare K series dry sump pan. Id like to have one tucked away for 'just in case', and can't really justify the cost of a new one from Caterham to leave in the loft 'just in case'.

Has anyone got one they'd be willing to part with? Cosmetic condition not too important as long as its oil tight.

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

I've thought about this too though you dont seem to get as many dry sumps damaged compared to wet (anecdotal from my recollection of wanted ads / damage posts).

I wonder if sharing the expense of a new one (whilst they're in stock) is feasible on the usual basis that having a spare available means you wont brake the original!

If you get offered two used ones let me know !! I have spares of most other big items!

Regards

Ian

Id like one lead on a used one, if I get two you're more than welcome!

Breaking the sump is the main thing worrying me about long term running of the car. More or less all the other parts are repairable or can be replaced, but if in say 10 years I took out the sump and I couldn't find one, I'd have a big problem.

I think you're right about the wet sump damage being more frequent, but its not inconceivable with speed humps, compressions etc, especially on a track with kerbs. That said, mine is 20 years old and the 'Caterham' word is still very clear so its not done too badly. Id like one as an insurance policy, but I can't justify having a nearly £500 part stuck in loft at the moment.