Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Floppy Wipers?

Harlequin

Well, maybe not floppy *wink*, but loose. The blade assembly of each wiper sits very loose on the arm, such that on a recent trip to France one fell off in use. A small problem, but I want to stop it happening again. Can’t see an obvious way of crimping the wiper assembly to make it a tighter fit, but I am sure there is a very obvious answer that I have missed. Blue tack? *yikes*

Seen this on a few cars recently. My fix has been to squeeze the socket on the wiper arm gently with mole grips to flatten the rectangle a bit so it is tighter on the end of the arm. Also bend the small spring strip in the arm socket so it applies more pressure so the nib on the arm stays seated in the hole in the socket.

I had it happen, fell off in Brussels. Fitted back with. With a dab of evo stick Impact adhesive. This didn't prevent them being able to be levered off (with a little force) when I replaced the arms with wipers from carbuilder solutions, which use a 'chock' that's ribbed and a screw/bolt to wedge it onto the wiper spindle, rather than a simple press fit of the originals.