Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacing fuel hose from tank to filter

PhilR

Checking for leaks having replaced the hose between the tank and the filter and the filter itself I noticed a small ‘weep’ from the fitting on the top of the filter. A 19mm spanner holds the large part of the fixing - what size spanner do I need for the smaller part of the fixing? I assume it’s AF rather than metric as I have tried the metric spammers I have. Tried an old adjustable spanner without much success. Any tips / suggestions welcome. 

Found an old imperial spanner at the back of a tool box drawer which fitted the smaller part of the fitting  on top of the fuel filter. The fuel ‘weep’ seems to be rectified. So time to fit the looped breather hose and then on to the last fuel hose under the bonnet.....

• 11 months later...

Thanks SM25T- on your recommendation I went down the 8mm hose and clips route (all very reasonable from AFS- do ring them if you want next day delivery though!). I’ve just finished all 4 main hoses and the tank vent also, as stated elsewhere the condition of the old hoses (especially tank to filter) was shocking- do check those pipes folks! The only area of concern was the fuel rail connection, the rubber o-ring is very snug in the plastic rail and it’s a bit of a ‘leap of faith’ to pull the fitting clear after undoing the bolts. Now onto an oil change and coolant pipe renewal..., questions to come no doubt, the google search short-cut for this forum is going to be put to excellent use!

Hahaha, very droll *smile* - I should have done a ‘holy thread resurrection’ introduction! Nope, a couple of hours yesterday, a couple this AM, the biggest job was wrestling the honeycomb boot floor out. I just thought thanks was in order. To be honest I think I lost what felt like a year working out how to make the forum’s search facility work (soooo many dead links).