Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED Rear Lights Water Test

JAL

A few members have asked me about what will happen to their LED lights if they have the famous water ingress into their rear lights.

I conducted the following experiment with one of our LED fog lamps which has exactly the same build process as the Stop/Tail/Indicator and Reverse LED panels.

As you can see our LED fog lamp is fully submersed in water and still works perfectly! This backs up our decision not to have a metal backed panel as this would not have survived this test.

Now I'm not for one minute suggesting that all our customers go and immediately fully submerse their LED lights in water to test them but this does go someway to prove that we have a well designed and reliable product that is perfect for the Caterham 7.

Doug

• Area Representative
Doug

That is very impressive. I have certainly experienced substantial water ingress when I was using the Caterham Cars fitting. (Lansing Bagnall or Sprite Caravans type).

I have seen water level to half-way up.

Well done. When are Caterham Cars going to buy from you?

Thanks for the kind words.

I would love to talk to Caterham cars in the UK but so far there has been no contact. This would make a great aftermarket upgrade for them.

I know for a fact that one of their press cars has been upgraded with my LED lights so hopefully there will be a mention in the press soon. Obviously my lights will be removed from the press car before it is returned.

I'm looking forward to seeing the article in this months Low Flying.

Doug