Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Build Help Please

DrivRich

I have just installed the diff. I am now suppossed to torque up the blue bolys connecting the propshaft, but when I try to tighten them the propshaft keeps turning round *confused* Any tips on how to stop it turning while I torque up please 🤔 Or do I wait until I have the wheels on the floor before finally tightening these bolts 🤔

On another subject - in the end will there be a plate over the underside of the propshaft tunnel or will it always be open to road muck 🤔

Cheers,

Dave

Saw a 7 *cool*

Hitched a ride in a 7 *eek*

Ordering a 7 *wink* - Done that now

Will Own a 7 😬 - First Week of 2003 - Got Her Now 😬 😬

Membership Number 6640

Dave, Freds right you should have fitted the prop to the diff and put the unit in together, although I accept the guide does contradict itself here. You can put a large screwdriver or bar into the yoke of the propsaft and wedge it to stop it turning.

There is a plate that fits onto the rear of the tunnell inside the car. It is covered in a blue clingfilm which is in the Misc. pack. DO NOT rivet this on untill you have completed the handbrake installation, and before gluing the rear bulkhaed carpet. Also seal it with clear silicone before rivetting into place.

*thumbup*

Cheers Guys,

I'll not take the diff out again as I now have the d-tube in!! I'll have to wait for the wheels on. The guide definately says to do the blue bolts last, but there we go.

Thanks for the rest of your advice - much appreciated.

David