Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wind deflectors

Steve Wright

• Area Representative

I've just invested in a pair of Caterham wind deflectors.

The mounting brackets now have a domed top to them (SVA?)

All four brackets are identical. This means that the domed top is downside on one side and bears against the flat surface of the bracket that is fixed to the windscreen.

Anybody know whether I should have got LH and RH brackets? Or is this just something that Caterham have overlooked?

Q 52 HVG 😬 😬 😬 *eek*Three Trees *thumbdown* ☹️ *confused* *idea* *thumbup* *cool* 😬 😬 😬 N 290 TJU

In all seriousness I too have bought a pair and plan to either bend them with heat or make an adaptor to hold them out from the car, perhaps variably. My theory is that since the windscreen is the same for every car the wind buffeting varies according to the individual depending on how far back and low you sit in the car. I have frequently been asked how I keep my glasses on my face at 70mph without doors or deflectors but it is never a problem[shrugging shoulders emoticon]. Others can't drive above 30 mph without problems.

• Area Representative

Thanks everybody for the answers. Looks like I will take a Stanley knife to them tonight. It's just a pity that Caterham let themselves down by the little things. Maybe they should take notice and also add more angle to the perspex. Or perhaps devise a bracket with side mirrors attached

Nifty, thanks for the offer. I will pop round sometime and compare mine with yours *wink*

I've never had to much trouble without side screens at all. Once you get over 80 mph it seems to top out and not get any worse. My glasses stay on, but mainly because I spent hours in Boots choosing the tightest frames (The Optician wanted to adjust them for me so they were not so tight!)

Here's to a Spring and Summer of minimalist blatting 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬