Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New K series radiator?

Jeff S

I have received a new radiator from CC for my 2003 1800 K series roadsport as pictured in this https://caterhamparts.co.uk/radiators/43-aluminium-radiator-k-series.html

The difference between this new rad and my old leaky one is the small pipe outlet (which I could block off easily enough) and the fan locating points which don't match my fan at all.

Looking on the CC web site there doesn't seem to be another radiator the same as my old one.... has anyone experienced this before and is it a case of modifying the fan brackets and blocking off the small outlet?

Jeff 

• Area Representative

Jeff,

yes. I've got one of the ones with plastic top and bottom, with the small vent pipe. I've simply blocked it off.

i don't recall the fan mounts being different, but, as it was part of a much bigger rebuild, it's likely to be the least of my problems....  I don't remember if I managed to salvage my original fan or not.... 

Thanks Ian, it's probably beyond repair but I needed one quick to get mobile again.

Richard, I think a new fan would probably fit the new radiator, but it's a simple fix to get the old one to fit (sort of!) just wondered if I'd been supplied with the wrong rad.

cu Sunday *thumb_up*

Jeff