Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Decisions from the MSA - August 2017

Comp Sec

If you have not seen it this month's issue of the MSA decisions, its available here

key points .

(J) Competitors: Vehicles

5.20.11. No part of the bodywork, or of the suspended part of the car, can be below a horizontal plane passing 4cm above the ground (unless stated otherwise in SRs), the car being in normal racing trim with the occupants aboard. A gauge may be used by Scrutineers before or after races or practice to check the ground clearance

(S) Sprints, Hill Climbs and Drag Racing

9.3.1.1. The heating of tyres, by any method, or their treatment by any chemical substance is prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, no manner of abnormally raising the temperature of the tyres/wheels above the natural ambient temperature is allowed.

(W) Championships

1.1.4. A Championship must be submitted to the MSA by the co-ordinating organisation on the prescribed form and must be issued with a Championship Permit or Registration before entries are accepted

The only one of these which impacts us going forwards is W1.1.4 which means we will not be able to start accepting entries for the championship until the permit is recieved on approval of the regulations. 

If my understanding of S9.3.1.1 is correct this confirms the measures we already have in place regarding tyre warming.

and for J other than my goodwood event in 2011 with a very low sump clearance I don't think any caterham will have a problem with this.