Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Momo model 12 D shaped wheel.

Garry Talbot

Opinions please from anyone who uses one. I saw a couple of cars fitted with these at Donnington celebrations but no drivers present. I'm contemplating replacing my existing QR momo wheel with one. I'm a pretty hefty chap 6'1" and wonder if they make life any easier?

Cheers Jonathan, I'd looked through the archives and read the relevant bits, I know the wheel is legal etc and just wanted some practical opinion from users of the D shaped wheels , are they a worthwhile improvement in addition to/instead of lowered floors. 

Cheers Ian, I am contemplating lowered floors but obviously that takes the car out of play for a while as I wouldn't do them myself so would need to farm that job out. I was just wondering if those using the D wheels found the extra few mm : a) worthwhile and b) easy to adapt to. 

Cheers Ian, I am contemplating lowered floors but obviously that takes the car out of play for a while as I wouldn't do them myself so would need to farm that job out. I was just wondering if those using the D wheels found the extra few mm : a) worthwhile and b) easy to adapt to.