Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

KN image aluminium alloys / refurb?

mcerbm

Does anybody know of a company that will return these alloys. I have tried two alloy refurb companies locally and they don't want to do them. (North east Scotland)

Am I right in thinking that although they look like split tims the bolts are superficial and it's welded?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leadership Team

IIRC the bolts are M7 x 32mm, same as used by Compomotive etc. Plenty of choice of bolts available, take a look on eBay. Try to source the correct Nylok nuts though, most new bolts are supplied with nuts with built in star washers.

Centres are black paint over grey powder coat, rims are polished and can be refurbished using fine abrasive pads and a good polish such as Mothers Mag. The inner and out rim were welded together and sealant added over the weld I believe due to leaks on the early wheels, likely due to the bolt spacing not creating a perfect seal. Yes the bolts are structural in that they hold the wheel centre to the rim(s).

• Leadership Team

Just do a goggle search for "split rim wheel bolts" plenty of choice.

I have one set I've done with bright chrome bolts, another with black-chrome to contrast the polished alloy rim. The original bolts vary, some are M7x32 some are M7x40 (obviously not mixed on the same wheel!) and have a washer and Nylok nut. As far as I'm aware M7x32 will fit all SLR wheels.

Stu.