Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Door/hood fitting across different years

polainm

Hi All

I've got a 1995 S3 with original hood sticks, but no hood. Only SBFS half hood and doors. The age of doors is unknown, but I assume from 1995. The doors and half hood fit together OK.

I have been offered (garage clearout) a 2008 hood unused from 2011. I assume it will fit the poppers and over the sticks to the screen.

What I don't know until I try it, is if 1995 doors will fit a 2008 hood. I recall there being a improved visibility change at some point, but can't recall if the door/hood interface changed.

Would be useful to know before I commence battle with hood, and whether to take the 2008 doors too from garage clearout which aren't in as good condition as my current '1995' ones.

Thanks for any knowledge shared.

There are two types of hood, a hood that will suit 'flat doors' and a hood that will suit 'doors with elbow room'. IIRC, the difference in the hoods is the roof line along the sides where the roof meets the top of the doors.

• 3 weeks later...

Now sorted. Thanks for your comments! My doors have elbow room, but the hood came from a much later car. It fits. So Imperial chassis (and studs) works with metric hood - with a bit of an upper body workout. Which I think is normal :-)