Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Suspension Set Up for road use

DRH

This might not be very helpful, but the standard Roadsport suspension without adjustable spring platforms seems a remarkably good compromise for bumpy roads.The ride is good and it soaks up a lot of the bumps very well.

• Area Representative
In my view, the best way to set-up any Seven for your driving choices and style is to get one of the several ecperts to do it.

They understand the parameters, do the calculations and have spent time and money on researching what effects different changes work. The calculations are complex and their experience of many set-ups is hugely valuable.

I don't think one formula fits all.

• Area Representative

Suspension set up experts will listen to your requirements & dial in what they think would be the best compromise....notice that word as mentioned above "one formula does not fit all".

The important factors are:

Ride height, rake (front to rear), weight distribution (an element of rake adjustment).

Carrying passengers - occasionally or not at all.

Front end geometry:

Should be done at the same time as the corners. Camber to suit your handling requirements but the more aggressive the adjustment is toward the Caterham suggested road limit will cause accelerated tyre wear to a small strip on the inboard edge. A very small amount of toe out can be added to assist turn in but this will aid & abet tyre wear along with an aggressive camber. 

I agree with the first post.

Speak to Simon at Meteor Motorsports. I had an interesting afternoon with him and fun drive to and from his place.

As mentioned in another post there are just so many factors. The biggest is you and what you want. What I want from my car and the way I like it to handle may not suit you at all.

So again, speak to Simon (or who ever you choose). Get the car properly set up as per his recommendation. Speak to Simon again and adjust the car till you get the best compromise for you. It's an ongoing process.