Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2018 dual driver

Alan Bowler

So mini-bowler #1 passed her test first time today, so I will see if she will perform tyre warming duties next season. She has learned to do "emergency starts" already in the Up!

Like me she has little mechanical sympathy, so should be good for "engine warming".

MB:"whys it making that noise dad, and why aren't we moving?"

AB:"thats called a rev-limiter, and its because you didn't put it in gear. No NO wait a second before you select a gear..."

Now where can I get cheap insurance for her without a black box to cramp my style?

AB

Congrats and welcome to the world of dual drives.

don't forget to check out the dare to be different campaign which the club is supporting and offering discounted championship and curborough entries. Still time to have a go a curbs in August :-)

• Area Representative

Black box can't know who is driving. We were under clear instruction when using Seb's corsa about driving smoothly and not to exceed any speed limits whatsoever. In fact his mum had to be reminded several times....

We got a very good deal with Insure The Box who had a unit plugged into the 12v power socket and only needed it fitting for first 3 months. The better the driver, the more of a rebate we got back  so no excess charges levied at all or curfew which was very useful 

Thanks - will take a look at "Insure the Box". 3 months of restraint in the Surrey Waitrose Car Park Challenge series should be OK. I've always assumed the black box would monitor every driver. 

Dare To Be Different... sounds ideal. I get in free if I wear a wig as well, right?
Not sure about August after I promised to kick the speed event habit for 2 years. And if we entered, I think chances of fitting in a 3rd timed run for everyone would be impacted. The Bowlersport 7 has history of missing the first bend out at Curborough for novice drivers.

Ban? BAN! It wasn't a ban. I was just struggling for grip a little on the way to the top paddock at Llys-y-fran (along with several others). It was just a 10 second penalty (deferred) and 3 points on my license. Lets not mention it. Its self imposed exile.

To be a trailer monkey I'll need a trailer. And my history of spannering is... mixed. MB knows about oil and petrol as part of the new test, so won't need help anyway.

I was thinking she should maybe try first in one of these easy-drive semi-auto busa engined cars? Any offers?

*tumbleweed*