Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stick on Number Plates

Tonycaterham

Harry,

Yes it is a crass observation.

Fellow Blatters are sending cheques and details via that old fashioned method of communication called a letter.

Jack,

Not sure will check when get home tonight and post an update.

I do have 4 orders still o/s just waiting from more front plates which I hope my local supplier will have today.

Tony

Update

Stuggling to get more front and rear plates but my supplier is struggling. However, should know in a couple of weeks.

Stuart Burns - yours is in the post (first come first served)

Alison Morris, Jack Morgan-Smith and Mike Jones I will assume I can hang onto your cheques for a couple of weeks in the hope I can get some more. However if that is not acceptable to you I will return your cheques.

Please, no more orders until I can ascertain whether I can get any more backings.

Mr Flatters... no offence taken, I suppose given the number of postings on the thread someone would be along with a 'comment'

Tony

made mine up at the weekend *smile* and also weighed them the number plate is around 225g and the stick on one with 7 letters and sticky back plastic is nearer 25g

so an allround saving of 400g for less than 15 quid not bad *smile* although I have still to put them on the car

also I found a few things that helped me get everthing aligned neatly

1. if you have the orginal number plate off the car use that as a template as to where the characters should be aligned, i did this by taping them both down on a piece of card so that they where aligned

2. I also put a length of masking tape along the bottom of the stick on number plate to help me align the charctaers so they where all the same height

3. I started in the middle and worked my way out, it may have helped that my middle charcter was a 1

4. As I had 3 plates to do, when it got around to the sticky black plastic bit I placed all 3 on the same piece of card and put the SBP on in 1 go, went on smooth and easy. i then cut the plates out using a sharpe blade

rob

*smile* *smile*

• 2 weeks later...

Andy, sorry can only do oblong plates.

Dave,

Thanks for your patience I am hoping my 'local' supplier will be getting some more plates in first week in April. I do not cash any cheque until plates are despatched.

I have tried to source them from elsewhere but with no luck so now know how difficult they are to get hold of!

Hi all

Spoke to my local supplier at the wekend and they are on back order I will give them another couple of weeks then return cheques. Sorry

I have tried other sources but failed.

If after returning cheques they finally come good then I will re-post the advert.

Tony

Jack,

Visited supplier (I use the word supplier with some reservation) at weekend they are expecting a delivery this week.

If nothing arrives( again) then I will admit defeat and return/destroy cheques as appropriate.

Will post update after Easter.

Regards

Tony