Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Classic sucess story - pt 2 - Fuel Filter

wonkey eyed barmaid

got the inline fuel filter fitted today as well as the thermostat *thumbup* *smile*

very easy to fit, probably only 30mins total. decided on the option of fitting the filter before the pump as opposed to after, thus ensuring adequate pressure between pump and carbs, and protecting pump from crud as well *idea*

the filter I bought is a 'Champion L106' - available in halfords for about £3. (this filter may in fact be slightly oversized for this application, but so far has worked without fault. there is a slightly smaller filter available, L104 i think). there is no audible difference in the pumps ticking with the filter fitted, so it is apparently not struggling despite its presence.

just a couple of 8-15mm jubilee clips are needed to fit, so about £4 all in makes this a very cheap upgrade, but wise investment for peace of mind and of course carb cleanliness.

i'll let you know of any probs once ive been out for a proper blat, in the dry, in daylight, at high speed and with warm feet (see pt1)... 😬 😬