Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ZZS fitted to CSR

David Brown

Got a set of ZZS fitted last Saturday and tested them yesterday in torrential rain. Never felt so confident in the wet, a huge improvement in grip and stability. Had to shuffle one front wing and elongate the fixing hole to get the slightly larger front tyre to fit. 

Would also recommend Wheelsaround for supplying and fitting if your in Scotland. Cheaper than CC charge for supply only. 

Good to hear; I have not encountered the wet yet as unlike in Glasgow it doesn't rain incessantly in Thirsk *driving* . But in the dry they already  feel better than the CR500s they replaced - the ride is better and the tyres feel softer and more playful , if that make sense .  But I am still smarting at the thick end of £150 a corner- for toytown size tyres compared to even a warm Fiesta ...

David thanks for the info when my CSR is ready for a set I might have a run north. Did you have to mod the wings in situ or were you aware of the size difference?

I believe your stopping at the Elks Head with Blue en route to Donington so might wander over Hartside for a beer next week.

• Area Representative
Interesting but you must have the suspension set up significantly differently to me to obtain clearance under the car.

On the Seven, I use 70 profile (R13), giving 50mm difference, so requiring a 25mm or so adjustment to maintain clearance.

Much smaller issue with R15s on the 21, which is set up for 55 profile (less than an inch at the front, where I use 195, but more on the back where I use 205).