Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Student Run around...

John Howe

Can anyone help... the young lad that helps us on the farm at weekends needs to travel 25 miles each day to college. Unfortuneately, he is now unable to make this daily journey because his banger has gone bang! and urgently needs to find replacement.

I've agreed to loan him up to £1,000 for a new vehicle, which needs to be in the 1400-1600 cc class - can anyone help.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

I've got the ideal vehicle (s) - although maybe a little far away - I'm in Yorkshire!

Renault 5 Campus - 3 door, decent nick - not immaculate but no structural rust or holes - few dings and knocks but goes very well - 1400 5 speed Ren 5 - lonnnnng MOT - 11months, 25 day and 2 hours (it passed easily on Monday) - 6 mths tax - cheap insurance. - £300

Or Peugeot 106 - been rear ended but you couldn't tell now - 1100 - goes very well - will easily pass MOt on tuesday. - £550

Depending on what I sell is what I keep to trial.

Bri

Edited by - bricol on 22 Feb 2003 20:08:20

Hi John,

not a great deal to tell really -

Renault - 1989 E reg - i think it has 100,000 on the clock - probably genuine as doesn't seem the sort of car to bother with clocking - although engine/box have 55000 on - I feiited them last year from a newer, higher spec Five. To pass MOT last year, the first in my ownership, it needed a CV boot and a track rod end - MOT tester commented that unlike my normal motor, a Lancia, Fives tend to be pretty solid, reliable cars - it seems to be true. Seats, carpets etc all okay - boot carpet seems to have had an oil can emptied on it - so it won't go rusty! I fitted a new clutch/bearing etc when I replaced engine/box - runs fine - I found it good fun to sling around on a route I normally blitz in the Integrale - big grin! As I mentioned before - few dings and dents, but no holes, no serious rust - surface rust in a couple places - polishes up pretty well as well. price is negotiable esp for cash!

Peugeot - J-reg - 92 light blue. Laquer peeling off bonnet in places. White rear bumper. All original wheel trims in place. 62000 miles - again seems okay - seats, carpets etc all intact and good condition. Radio switches on but doesn work . . . central locking, ding in front edge of door where check strap pin fell out and allowed door to open too far into wing - not too noticeable. Everything apart form radio seems to work fine- starts and runs lovely - not used it too much - to and form work once to see if it ran. Left it at garage for MOT this evening once I returned from work trip to germany - hence delay in posting! Only thin missing is spare wheel, jackl and wheel carrier - no idea why - I can sources if required. As I mentioned, it has been rearended- have old crack rear bumper as proof - hence white replacement. price is pretty fixed - really want to sell the five but will sell this if necessary!

Insurance for either for limited miles for the road miles to and from PCTs is 100 quid - not bad!

Give suitable daylight etc, I can probably get a couple of piccies to email? Just might ne too dark by tme I return form work though - may have to be weekend.

Let me know!

Bri