Click here if you are having website access problems ×

tool table

ECR

A man with too much time on his hands   *thumbup*

I don't like putting tools on the bulkhead when i'm working. there's always a chance that I'll scratch the (painted) panel and also that I might leave a tool there and forget it. If I use a small table next to the car then it always seems to be in the way so I made this which fits onto my roll cage without any fixings at all so is rapid to install and instantly removable. It has also proved very convenient to mount the laptop there when I'm adjusting map parameters. I made it from 1" x 1"  box section and brazed it, but the prototype was wooden and was pretty good.

Incidentally, I consider getting these photos onto the site a greater achievement  *laugh*

(Yes, it's very stable ......)

redtable1_1.jpg.154243d8bae3f0ff1a50a949cae1dd64.jpgredtable2.jpg.c7accf391dc3523f946acdbdae1c844c.jpgredtable3.jpg.42daee03bd367f33639bf45c4cae42c4.jpgredtable4.jpg.295fb485cb32d9b6aa7d2225fc63276e.jpgredtable5.jpg.7b6a436eeefe489be4724f8afb239a11.jpg

The tray base is wood but I could add a thin steel sheet above it. A good idea, thanks .....

I'll name the mk2 the "Jimtray" in your honour  *clap*

(although there should be a nod to Mucus for spotting the flaw) *thumbup*