Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Engine

westy

Have you thought of fitting a Zetec? I know a couple of people who may be selling 1.8 litre engines (one stock, one tuned). Alternatively a 2 litre lump is capable of a 165 bhp in stock form with option to tune to 200 bhp at a later date.

I went from a Crossflow to a lightly tuned 1800 with pprox 180 bhp and am very happy.

AMMO

The stock 1800 Zetec belongs to a mate of Mike Riley's who is ready to upgrade either the engine or swop to a 2 litre. The engine belonged to Mike originally, but then he upgraded to a 2 litre. I don't think it has done many miles.

The only problem with looking for a 2 litre that has already been in a Seven is that it is unlikely you are going to find one. Once you have a 2 litre Zetec what are you going to upgrade to?

Personally I quite like the 1800 as it is a big improvement over the old Crossflow I had. It is possible to upgrade the 1800 to around 200 bhp, but it is obviously easier to do this with the 2 litre.

You could get a 2 litre from a breakers, tune it and buy all the ancillaries to make it fit your car. It may be possible to do this for around £3,000.00.

AMMO

Don't know. We were just talking about it tonight. Why don't you get in touch with Mike and he'll put you in touch with his mate. mriley@mjriley.freeserve.co.uk. Not 100% sure he has decided to sell or if he is just mulling it over. He's in Derbyshire. If he does decide to sell, you might be able to try it out before he gets it out of the car.

AMMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...