Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec resonance 360R

ChrisC

Ok, I think I have solved mine.

I didn't take a video before, but this 360r test drive has exactly the same noise when accelerating and decelerating around 2500 rpm.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXrShflymM

Mine was caused by the steering column, but it wasn't touching anything. It was a bit off centre as it went through the footwell grommet, which was difficult to see, because of the heat reflective covering.  I rotated the rack a bit which made the positioning a touch better, but not perfect, at the expense of having the UJ not at straight as before.  This resolved it (well at least while stationary). Test drive tomorrow.

Chris.

Just a thought but I'm sure you've checked I've only had my 360r a few weeks and have a similar experience. Only yesterday I drove for the first time with no doors and being the exhaust is right by your ear the exhaust seems to change tone at 2500rpm and then goes away. Sounds as if the baffles are loose in the silencer but seems to gurgle at the same revs but when the doors are on it sounds as if the dash is rattling.

Has anybody else experienced this ?

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your detective work, I had the exact problem @2,500rpm (mine was the one in the video you linked - now removed).

The dealer was also originally unable to locate the issue and had attempted moving the gearbox... As this is my 1st Cat I just thought it was something I was going to have to live with. Having read this post I went into my Garage and checked and it was the same hitting the exit from the Cheese box - proven by a good shake of the steering Rod. I took the car back to the dealer and shared your post, and also the resolution (rotating the rack) and it's now fixed and drives like a totally different car!

Mine also had an issue with a jumpy Speedo above 50mph and when warm which was found to be a "Vacuum issue". And also a flickering hand break warning light caused by a loose connection. All now fixed :-)

Thanks again for the excellent post and all the responses.

Cheers,

Mike