Click here if you are having website access problems ×

16" HPC alloys, what tyres?

Andrew Gilbert

• Area Representative

So I have tyre question.

I will be running my HPC on its original 16" HPC alloys whilst on the road but it really needs new tyres, 205 45 16's will go on but what make? Any recommendations. Purely 'fast' road use this set so I don't need super sticky. For what its worth I do have a set of 13' wheels and tyres for track use.

Looking at like for like if I can, so if you have 16's then let me know what tyres you run and how they feel

Many thanks in advance

I'm currently running Toyo T1R in a 15 and find they are very good; excellent grip, comfortable, progressive breakaway if a little " squeely" up to the limit and very good wet weather grip. They are also most affordable. A quick search on Demon Tweeks and in that size they are £56. I would recommend them.

I use Toyo Proxes T1R on 16" KN wheels on my 1.6k supersport and they are pretty good for fast road use. With standard suspension the car was a bit lively on bumpy Scottish roads so I reduced the pressure from 16 psi to 14 and now it is much more fun (less alarming) on both dry and damp roads. Still scary in really wet conditions but that is probably inexperience.