Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pad choice for AP 4 pots

Adrian Williams

I’ve been very happy with the performance and characteristics of the Pagid’s that came with the car. I was going to order the same again until I saw the price £152 + vat.

I don’t want to compromise the performance, has anyone tried something else that’s as good but is significantly cheaper?

Adrian

Whilst I have been told many times that Pagids are best , I have been running 1144's for 2 years , I have been pleased with there performance especially when you also consider price . The car has completed more than 20 trackdays and 10 sprints with the same set !! with no fade - even at Donnington GP ( I have big brakes all round ) . I *may* consider Pagids for 2004 to see how they compare .

The best place to buy Mintex 1144's is from Questmead - 08707 450584 - front are £40.45 ex vat rears £25.95

I have been told that Performance Braking in Monmouth or Fluke motorsport in Bristol are very competitive on price for padgids . Try a search for their numbers ........

Dave

Performance braking in Monmouth are on 01600 713117, bloke to talk to is John Freeth, very helpful and knowledgeable.

I've just ordered a set of Hawk blacks from Rally Design following recommendations from the SBD westfield, alleged to be stunning from cold but very aggressive on discs. AP Racing won't touch them because they wear the discs so much but I thought I'd give it a go.....

It seems like I've tried every pad, none were bad but none were as good as everyone said. I'll keep with RS14 pagids unless the Hawks are better. I've got part worn 4 pot fronts and race rears for sale:

mintex m1122 front and rear but only if the blacks work...

EBC greens front and rears - for sale anyway

performance friction carbon metallics fronts - for sale anyway

mintex m1133 fronts - for sale anyway

None worn more than a mm or so.

CP2340 is what AP call the pad family, basically the shape, then they can be scalloped out to clear the disc bell, 43 is how far they need scalloping to clear the Caterham disc, so called as the pad face ends up 43mm deep. Presumably the FPR is the Ferodo bit of the part number.

CP2340 pads fit the old silver caliper plus the middle size black calipers, but not the latest black calipers which use something totally different with two holes at each end of the backplate at the top.

Jerry - if they really were upgrading each time I wouldn't mind. It's when someone promises that they're absolutely marvellous and when you fit them you can hardly tell the difference I get p****ed off. That's life I guess.

Nobody wants any not quite as good as I hoped pads then? Spose I should try a post on for sale.