Click here if you are having website access problems ×

So which are the best Tyres for Sprinting on List 1A .

Bob_r

SO3's are the replacement for the SO2's, which, if you can get them, are de rigeur for 15" rims. If not the Yokohama A539, buffed to 4mm, is looking like the tyre of chioce for 15" rims in 2003........

For 13's, the RE720 is king, unless you need a 205, which you can't get.........

Looks like It's Bridgestones then, thanks guys.

greg - so far I've found

185 60 HR 13 BRIDGESTONE RE720 @ £54.02 each incl VAT and fitting at -

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/tyreserve/index.htm

seems to be part of Tyreservices.

this will be a good guide, but I'm sure they will be cheaper somewhere, but don't forget to make sure that you allow for fitting and ballancing - usually about £5 per wheel if you don't buy the tyres from the fitting station.

Bob

Blatting around Bucks

If you are intending to go the RE720 route it is extremely advisable to get them buffed to 4mm, they are a dual compound tyre (as S02) and by buffing them you reveal the softer compound hidden under the harder outer rubber, have you tried BMTR in brum as they will buff them and fit them for a similar price to what you've been quoted,

Mike

For some reason 15's seem to come cheaper than 13's sometimes I presume as there are more 15" tyred cars on the road

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 21 Feb 2003 07:56:13

Dave J

No I haven't and I'm not even sure I'm going to fit them, I'm considering jumping a class and playing with ACB10's in Class 3.

Gordon,

For reference the list 1A tyre applies to class 1, 2 & 4 in L7CGB classes and championship

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Sorry but what does 1A list mean exactly.

Have recently purchased 4 Toyo Proxes T1-S 195/50/15 tyres for my prisoner wheels, still running them in but I am very impresssed so far but this is compared with the pilots I had before.

I was told by the supplier that they use these [Toyo] on the cars from the Tiger race team, is this true?

Phil - basically it is for competition and these are specified in what is known as the 'Blue book'

list 1a tyres are generally road biased and list 1b are generally more track orientated

to generalise some characteristics

rock hard Vs sticky

last for ages Vs last a few thousand miles

good in the wet Vs cack in the wet

no idea about the tiger racing or if your tyres are list 1a or 1b I am afraid

rob *smile*

Thanks for the explanation, Toyo being 1A listed means that I am sitting here very pleased with myself especialy after the low price I paid, The pilots are know living out there lives on my Audi and work well with the extra weight. I will report later in the year on the Toyo tyres, the wear or lack of and the performance they give.

Toyo's have proved themselves to be a good tyre on caterhams in the past, Nick Potter (now running Caterham Miidlands) used them on his car in which he was very competitive in the midland championships and would have won the club class 4 last year if he had got a place at the last round! 😬

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*