Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell-May 6th

MikeW

Confirmation of my place at Cadwell came in the post today 😬 😬 😬

Thanks Geoff

I'd got my application off pretty quick but given how popular the days are just wasn't sure if I'd been quick enough.

I've only done Cadwell once and it was fairly soon after getting the car so can't wait to go back. I think Gooseneck has got to be one of my favourite corners with the change in camber and having to get the line just right to get round ( and stay on) quickly.

Counting the days and looking forward to seeing some of you there.

😬 😬 😬

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali

Membership No 6582

Yes I got my letter telling me I was on the reserve list, even though I posted my entry form hours after receiving Low Flying.

How much longer do we have to put up with this pathetic system of sending the mag. out so as members receive it on different dates?

I'm sure you'll have a good time at Cadwell, maybe i'll get lucky a get in with you.

The Original MANGO *cool*

• Support Team

I'm sure Geoff will be along soon to tell you how the selection was done but I don't think it was first come first served. I didn't get a form in my Low Flying at all so contacted Geoff who told me that selection would be done by a draw after a set closing date so that everyone got a fair chance at it. I think that this is as fair as it can be.

The only other solution is to run more club track days (2 at each track maybe) to increase the number of places. If we can fill a complete day at Silverstone with 7's then there is an obvious demand. Of course this puts more pressure on the (volunteer) organisers - maybe we could get a commercial track day operator to run 7's only days like the Virgins day with Evoactive.

Sadly I couldn't do Cadwell anyway ☹️.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Guys,

Sorry to hear you are on the reserve list ☹️ ☹️ ☹️ It seems the track days are getting very popular which is great on the one hand but frustrating when you have got your applications in early. I would guess afew people drop out in the end so fingers crossed.

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali

Membership No 6582

Yep - another reserve lister here too. How many are going to Cadwell..... 10? Obviously its disappointing to miss out.

Geoff, can you confirm whether it was 'first come first served' or a ballot? That would be good, thanks.

If the selection policy is anything other than 'first come first served', then can those members having missed out this time be given priority next??

Thanks, Matt.